Thursday, June 4, 2009

Retirement......

Well I offically "retired" as of Tuesday night. I am so looking forward to it! I have so many things I would like to do but always had work commitments. I will keep you informed of my adventures!
These first few days include getting out in my much neglected yard and just plain relaxing. I do have a wine and food pairing class tonight that I signed up through Renton Technical College. It's from 7-9:00pm. The class is scheduled at All Things Wine in the Highlands. If you haven't had a chance to visit this great wine shop, you should. They have wine and beer tastings several times a week and usually always free! http://www.allthingswineonline.com/article.espx?SHOW=12263
Friday evening is Mike's official retirement party at the Pavilion. He retired in September after spending 38 1/2 years with the Renton Fire Department (the department has recently been renamed Renton Fire and Emergency Services) http://rentonwa.gov/government/default.aspx?id=644. Mike retired as Battalion Chief. It will be fun to see all the active and retired firefigthers who have been like family to Mike and I over the years. It's pretty special the brotherhood the firefighters have towards each other and their families. - Sue

1 comment: