Saturday, June 27, 2009

Dick's Drive In and UW Arboretum

Today's to-do list brought me to Dick's Drive-In on Capital Hill. I can't remember when I last had a Dick's hamburger and fries but they were just as good as ever. I wasn't going to succumb to the urge....but I just couldn't resist. The traffic was very heavy, both on my way there on 405 and up on Broadway so I decided to go home "the back way." I decided to drive thru the UW Arboretum and was glad I did. The flowers were plentiful and it was a great drive through the canopy of trees. I stopped at the Graham Visitor's Office and looked around. They had Master Gardner's on hand to answer any questions one might have and had plants for sale outside the visitor center. I wondered around and snapped a few pictures. There were so many people out and about enjoying this beautiful day....either by walking or kayaking along the lake. http://depts.washington.edu/wpa/index.htm I continued on along Madison Ave. and stopped at one of my favorite places, the Red Apple Grocery Store. I picked up some plants at some good prices and am headed out to the garden to plant them now!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what lovely memories you brought back for me! that was part of my old haunt, my ole alma mater and my stomping ground for training for track
    such a great day and great outing
    eat a burger for me,please!

    ReplyDelete