Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Kirkland Farmer's Market

Last Wednesday afternoon my girlfriend Dinky and I went to Kirkland to experience their Farmer's Market. One of the nice things about the market is that they have relocated it this year to the Marina area. It is a beautiful location and on a warm day (which we had) it was so nice to sit and just enjoy the view of Lake Washington. For those of you who visit the Renton Farmer's Market, there are several vendors at Kirkland that also sell their goods here. In talking with some of the vendors they make the local market circuit which means they are busy 3 to 5 days a week. They all said how much they enjoy it but the packing up and setting up gets a little burdensome. Kirkland's market does allow some local crafts people and I bought a pair of earrings from one of them. We enjoyed tasting the samples and talking with the vendors. We stopped at the Crepe booth and each ordered a crepe. I had the veggie and Dinky ordered the Chicken/artichoke. Both were very good. Later in the afternoon we decided to sit and watch all the people who were now at the beach. I snapped this photo of the young boy who I told Dinky in years to come will be laughing at the fact that he was playing in the lake in his underwear but for that day he didn't have a care in the world! We hope to get to the Columbia City market tomorrow, weather depending, and if not in the near future. It's really fun to see the variety each market has to offer.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a really lovely location for a market - I had no idea! Thanks for taking us with you and I look forward to getting the lowdown on the other markets in the area. I like the way you are spending your "retirement"!
    PS thanks for stopping by The Picaroon and for all of you great comments - I appreciate it

    ReplyDelete