Thursday, April 23, 2009

Renton History Museum Annual Benefit Dinner

Save the Date! Renton History Museum's http://www.rentonhistory.org/index.html Annual Benefit Dinner and Silent Auction Wednesday, June 10, 2009 at the Renton Senior Activity Center http://rentonwa.gov/living/default.aspx?id=40. Social Hour begins at 5:30 p.m. and dinner will be served at 6:00 p.m. Silent auction and entertainment to follow. Tickets are $40 per person. For more information you may call 425-255-2330. I attended the auction last year and it was fun time. (I did learn that leaning over and hugging people with a glass of red wine can be trouble!) My friends bid on and won a day on a sailboat and my husband and I were fortunate enough to be invited to go with them on the sail. There were many great auction items and I won a Starbucks basket. Mark the date and plan to attend! I have a special place in my heart for Renton History Museum which is housed in the former Renton Fire Department main headquarter station located at Mill Ave. So. I met my husband Mike back in 1972 and he was a firefighter for the Renton Fire Department. I would come and visit him on shift during our "dating years" and have some great memories at this great old building. Mike had a great career at the Renton Fire Department and retired this past September as Battalion Chief after 38 years. This building is now home to the Renton History Museum which is a wonderful museum and has amazing exhibits throughout the year. If you have not visited the museum, I highly recommend it. One of the great displays they are exhibiting currently is the old Fey's Roxy Theater Neon Sign. That also brings back great memories of my childhood and teen years and the many afternoons and evenings spent at the Roxy! You can download membership forms online to Renton History Museum http://www.rentonhistory.org/pdfs/Membership%20form.PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment