Monday, April 20, 2009

A Great Day in La Conner

My friend Dinky and I started out yesterday having a delicious breakfast at Cafe Lure. There are so many great items on the breakfast menu but I still haven't broken away from my usual eggs benedict! We then headed North to La Conner. When we arrived we noticed immediately that the tulips were not totally in bloom. Infact, many of the fields are still awaiting the amazing burst of color. I'm sure it's due to the extremely long cold winter we had here in the Northwest. Usually at this time of year the daffodils have bloomed....but not this time. They were still in their glory and many fields had yet to bloom. We then ventured into town and stopped at the La Conner Pub for a cold one and I had 2 of the best oyster shooters! The streets were packed with Harley Davidson riders out enjoying a great day in the sunshine. We also stopped in to the cutest dress shop called Cotton's. They had the best selection of purses and jewelry.
La Conner is definitely a great day get-a-way and they also have several hotels and B&B's should you decide to kick back and stay for a night or two!

1 comment:

  1. I love this posting - and wish I had been along for such a glorious outing. What a beautiful day that is to go see the fields and the special town of La Connor - my family is just planiing our outing there (hopefully) as well. Hey - I see you got a couple of more followers - way to go!

    ReplyDelete