Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Issaquah Farmer's Market

It's that time of year when Farmer's Markets around the area start up. This past Saturday I remembered that Issaquah's Farmer's Market started the first of April and runs through October. So I hopped in my car and headed out to Pickering Barn (across the street from Costco) where they hold their market. It was a pleasant afternoon but still a little nip in the air. I wandered and admired the many crafters and farmers. I definitely need to go back when I'm hungary because the food vendors had some amazing selections. From barbequed salmon salad to various fresh pastry tents.....it certainly is an ideal place to have lunch on a Satruday afternoon. I learned that one of my favorite Issaquah restaurants recently closed its doors after over 20 years at Gilman Village. Sweet Addition is no more. They had the best salads and desserts and it was always a pleasure to eat there. While I was at the market I stopped at a fresh pasta booth and saw Sweet Addition cookbooks for sale. When I talked to the vendors they were the original owners of Sweet Addition and told me the story. I did purchase some fresh Red Jalepeno Pasta from http://www.pappardellespasta.com/ and am looking forward to preparing it with the enclosed recipe http://www.pappardellespasta.com/recipes/recipe_red_jalapeno.php they provide with each purchase. It's a fun market and they also have vendors inside Pickering Barn. If you're looking for something to do on a Saturday.......head over to Issaquah and catch the market.....every Saturday from 9:00-2:00pm.

2 comments:

  1. The farmer's market looks great. Love the local markets.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea - thanks for the heads up on this local market. I had always heard great things about that restaurant, Sweet Additions, but had yet to have made it there. Sad to hear that they are gone

    ReplyDelete